Original Photograph by Samuel Jarvis
A photograph by Samuel Jarvis, capturing the Rideau Queen steamship travelling north along the canal towards Entrance Valley.
Steamer RIDEAU QUEEN of Kingston on Rideau Canal. Jarvis, Jarvis / Library and Archives Canada, accession number 1951-019 NPC, C-006895.
- MaritimeHistoryOfTheGreatLakes.ca: Rideau Queen (Propeller), C107742, 8 Nov 1900
- Bytown.net: Transportation by Steam Boat in the 1800s on the Ottawa and Rideau Rivers
- Lost Ottawa: Rideau Queen inside and out, circa 1905.
- Lost Ottawa: Arriving in Ottawa by steamer, circa 1885-1900
- Heritage Passages: Research and Archives -> Photographs