The Town Hall is located on the corner of Main Street and Hawthorne Avenue in Old Ottawa East. The original pictures were taken by James Ballantyne between 1895 and 1912.
Purdy was a guard for the Canada Atlantic Railway Line (now the Queensway). He manned the Main St. crossing in Ottawa East near the canal.
Original pictures taken between 1889 and 1896 by James Ballantyne. Ballantyne lived just up the street at 54 Main and was an amateur photog and founding member of the Ottawa Camera Club.
Original photos taken by James Ballantyne between September 1898 and October 1900.
Original photo taken by James Ballantyne on November 8, 1900.